Tuesday, August 30, 2011

X-Rated Desert

A note from the Author:  I'm sure when I started blogging that I electronically signed an agreement not to post anything explicit.  So, in an effort to comply, I will be editing this post with "words in quotes" as deemed necessary by my research team.  However, unless you want to answer unusual questions, I do not suggest looking at the pictures with your children.  Thank you.  


My mom turned 60 this month.  And though she is usually the kind of person to take everything in stride, she seemed a little down about turning 60.  So I thought... what does a 60 year old woman want on her birthday?  The answer is obvious.  What any woman wants on her birthday.

A 12 inch, black, "rocketship" cake.    (Not that I have anything against white "rocketships," just ask my research team.... I just happened to have chocolate cake mix in the cupboard.)

So I began the process of making her a "rocketship" cake.

As I said, I had some chocolate cake mix (devil's food, of course) in the cupboard, so I baked it in a 9x13 inch pan:




Beautiful!  I let it cool and carefully removed it from the pan.  (Carefully = I put some wax paper over a cookie pan, put that on top of the cake and flipped it over... when the cake didn't fall out, I banged on the bottom of it until it did.)

Then I cut some of the cake away to a nice "rocketship" shape.



No I did not have a stencil, I am just that good with "rocketships."

So then, I needed to add the "creamy center."  I experimented with several different options and settled on whipped cream and vanilla pudding mixed in equal parts. 

In order to get it in the center, I had to cut the top of the "rocketship" off.  Guys, you should probably look away...




It's "hard" to tell from the picture, but I cut a groove down the center of both halves.  Then I filled it with the "creamy center."





Next I carefully placed the top back on.  Guys, feel free to look again.




This is my favorite. cake. ever.

Next I needed to fill the "solid rocket boosters."

Again with the slicing, guys, you should look away.  I sliced the top off the "solid rocket boosters" and filled them with "creamy center."




Did I mention this is my favorite. cake. ever?   It is.

Then I carefully replaced the tops again.  Phew, done with the slicing, guys we are in the clear.

At this "point" I licked all the bowls clean.  So good.

Next I topped the whole thing with dark chocolate "sauce." 

Here is the finished product.




I could be wrong, but I think this will make Mom's day... if you know what I mean.


The Verdict:

"I'm not putting anything "rocketship" in my mouth.  Sorry."



Follow up:  The cake was delicious!  My mom loved it and we had lots of good jokes about the cake (none of which are appropriate for this blog, but you can use your imagination...).  Next naughty cake to look forward to... my dad turns 60 in December!   








4 comments:

  1. so the filling must have been vegetable based?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) No way. I post "naughty" recipes occasionally, and I'd say this one counts as naughty on several levels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.My.Gosh.

    I'm just reading this post now? LOL. Man, I've been busy, I guess! ;-)

    I had my jaw dropped in shock as i read this entire post. LOL. My virgin eyes! ;-) Teehee. I'm glad she liked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete