Thursday, August 11, 2011

Manicotti

So there is a recipe on the box that the manicotti comes in, and that is the recipe I used.  (Plus some hidden cauliflower of course!)  But, unfortunately, I threw out the box... so this is a rough guess at the recipe.  

This is something I have been meaning to try for a while, because it is similar to the caulifredo recipe that works so well.  Substitute some cauliflower for cheese and no one is the wiser.

Alright, so let me see what I can remember...

1 box of manicotti  (which I don't recommend dropping on the floor... the pieces all break and that just sort of makes it weird shaped spaghetti)
Some tomato sauce (which I also don't recommend dropping on the floor...)
1 cup cauliflower 
Some ricotta cheese
Some parmesan cheese
Some mozzarella cheese
Some basil, salt, pepper
Maybe some oregano? 

Well, turns out I don't really remember the recipe at all, but it is on the box, so anyone can find it!  I think I used a little less of each of the cheeses to be replaced with cauliflower.  Here is a picture of some of the ingredients:   (If it weren't for this picture, I REALLY wouldn't have remembered!)




 Follow the directions.  Cook the pasta, mix up all the cheeses, cauliflower, and spices....




 Warm up the tomato sauce...




 Stuff the pasta with the cheese and cauliflower mixture, top with tomato sauce and extra cheese... ENJOY!




This did work well, but it's easy to hide a white vegetable in white cheese stuffing. 

The Verdict:

The research team liked it that night, loved the left overs, and though he knew there was cauliflower hidden in it, he couldn't taste it at all.

I will definitely do this recipe again!  (But without dropping the box on the floor...)

No comments:

Post a Comment