Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fish Dish Numero Uno

Here it is, my first fish dish post!

We have had this recipe several times already and it is SO good that I am going to create a 'done fish dish' tab above just so I have somewhere official to put this. 

My brother-in-law and his wife turned us on to this salmon recipe, they said it was the best, and they were right.  It hasn't failed us yet, and we usually manage to screw something up!  (To give you an idea how good it is, in the four weeks that we have had fish once a week, three of the weeks were this recipe.)

We buy the wild salmon from the fish counter at the grocery store which allows us to pick exactly the amount we need for no leftovers, and the wild salmon is as fresh as we're going to get here in Colorado.

Salmon marinade:

(note:  According to the recipe this is for 4 six ounce fillets, but my brother-in-law doubles the recipe when he makes 4 fillets.  I have been making this exact recipe for the 1/2 lb of salmon we get.)

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Whisk all ingredients together.  Put salmon into plastic bag, pour marinade over it, seal and refrigerate for one hour.  (We have done less time and it still turned out great.)

At this point I hand the bag and a cold beer to my research team (he says he can't grill without a beer...) who expertly and magically prepares the salmon on the grill.  If you need instructions on this part, here is the link to the recipe.  :)

Well now that I am publishing my fish dish of the week, I feel a little more motivated to make some different dishes... which is kind of scary.  Wish me luck!!

Next time, more hidden veggies!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! We love salmon... and always make the same cedar plank salmon recipe. But maybe we'll try this next time! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you share your cedar plank recipe?! I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete